3.3.12

Favourite films of 2011

Going out a bit later because it has taken a while for some of these to reach cinemas here -- and I still haven't seen everything I wanted to. 2010 was a disappointing year for me on the movie front (I think I settled on Toy Story 3 by default), but perhaps I was less up-to-date and saw fewer films. I've leaned on film much more this year (reflected in the material on these pages). So this is a roundup of what I've been watching and enjoying, most enjoyable first:

Jane Eyre (Cary Joji Fukunaga) [link]
Thor (Kenneth Branagh) [link] [link]
We Need To Talk About Kevin (Lynne Ramsay) [link]
The Skin I Live In (Pedro Almodóvar) [link]
The Ides of March (George Clooney) [link]
Submarine (Richard Ayoade) [link]
Source Code (Duncan Jones) [link] [link]
Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy (Tomas Alfredson) [link]
A Dangerous Method (David Cronenberg) [link]
Cowboys & Aliens (Jon Favreau) [link]
Shame (Steve McQueen) [link]
Attack The Block (Joe Cornish) [link]
Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows (Guy Ritchie)
Captain America: The First Avenger (Joe Johnson) [link]
Hanna (Joe Wright) [link]
Drive (Nicolas Winding Refn) [link]
The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (David Fincher) [link]

The following I still haven't seen, and really want to, most enticing first:
Margaret (Kenneth Lonergan)
Young Adult (Jason Reitman)
Wuthering Heights (Andrea Arnold)
Tyrannosaur (Paddy Considine)

No comments:

Post a Comment